Stress / Energy / Focus / Resilience
A therapeutic gastrointestinal formula designed to support those dealing with leaky gut syndrome
- Repairs leaky gut
- Support immunity
- Assists in nutrient absorption
- Muscle preserving effects
GI Integrity is a therapeutic blend of nutrients designed to support intestinal permeability, repair mucosal layers, promote healthy bowel function and combat inflammation coming from a leaky gut. This formula of nutrients allows the GI system to recover from the effects of toxic foods and modern living. Factors like stress, toxins, undigested proteins and illness can all cause our gastrointestinal linings to “leak” this starts the process of a leaky gut. The process can alter hormones, immune function, digestive health and contribute to food allergies and even autoimmunity.
GI integrity contains a comprehensive blend of nutrients including, L-Glutamine and N-Acetyl Glucosamine which can assist in repairing cells of the intestinal tract, balance immunity, protect the gut and reduce intestinal permeability. Other ingredients include Citrus Pectin, Deglycyrrhizinated licorice, Aloe Vera, Slippery Elm, and Marshmallow which enhance intestinal function, smooth irratation, and aid in the proper elimination of toxins. Nutrients like MSM and Quercetin are also present to eliminate inflammation and improve healthy gut health. All together this comprehensive and therapeutic product supports numerous negative effects of leaky gut syndrome.
L-glutamine - Glutamine is an amino acid found in the body. Under normal conditions the body can synthesize this amino acid but in times of stress, trauma or sickness its need may increase. Glutamine many times thought of as a muscle builder is effective at preventing a leaky gut, boosting immunity and repairing the cells that line the gut. Here are some studies where L-glutamine has been shown effective:
Protects gut lining, increases nutrient absorption while protecting the gut barrier. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4369670/)
Stress causes a leaky gut. Even in overtraining glutamine is proven to help with recovery. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9802174)
Glutamine is an important amino acid to keep the immune system strong. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2205733)
2. N Acetyl D-Glucosamine - is the acetylated form of glucosamine which is a component of the building blocks of connective tissue, cartilage, ligaments and other bodily structures. Known for its joint, inflammation and effect on the body it is considered one of the most purchased supplements.
N Acetyl D-Glucosamine benefits:
Reduces inflammation in joints and tissues
Essential for tissue repair
Effective at binding lectins
Studies have show N Acetyl-Glucosamine: To be effective at binding lectins (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0003269779900678)
To answer the question are lectins bad for you click here (https://drbradgorski.com/are-lectins-bad-for-you/). Act as substrate for tissue repair and anti-inflammatory reactions which is crucial in leaky gut.
3. Mucin - Mucosal surfaces line our body cavities and provide the interaction surface between good and bad bacteria and your body. Mucin information: Cell protectant properties (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23331320) Mucin barrier can become compromised can lead to immune imbalances and possibly autoimmunity (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21407243) Mucosal repair when compromised could lead to inflammatory bowel disease (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10908374)
4. DGL - deglycyrrhizinated licorice. 4. DGL or deglycyyrhizinate licorice is a form of licorice where Glycyrrhizin has been removed. A plant from Southern Europe and Asian it has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries. Known for it’s digestive benefits, DGL has also been effective in lowering inflammation, aiding in weight loss and protective for the brain.
Reduces GI inflammation
Has for anti-ulcer properties
Protects the gastric mucosal lining
Helps with fatigue
DGL has been show in research:
Possessing strong anti-adhesive potential against
Helicobacter pylori to stop it attaching to gut wall. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1960790)
Effective anti-inflammatory or anti-ulcer https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16353966
Protect the GI system against Aspirin damage in rats: Worked better than the drug alone. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6103045 Show to repair the mucosal lining with those suffering from chronic ulcers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/772652